Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Islands

This weekend g.mango and I went to the Gulf Islands for some much-appreciated relaxing. We saw many chickens, ferries, beaches and deer. We spent many happy hours at a market, in a hot tub, and reading books. But the highlight of the weekend was when g.mango sacrificed one of my flip flops to the ocean off Pender Island in an attempt to capture this starfish:





Here's my perfectly shaped flip-flop making its bid for freedom.












And here is one naked guilty foot...and the remaining lonely flip-flop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe. i was happy that you visited me!
im glad you had a relaxing time!

Anonymous said...

I mourn the loss of your sandal. I know what it's like to lose accessories. I once lost a yellow granny hat. 'Twas a sad day.

Looks like YOU'RE having some fantastic weather! Hope you had a good holiday!!!!

Zed said...

Ahaha. That's gotta be the best photo story I've come across so far. It was simple, touching, and amusing. The weather definitely looks gorgeous. So jealous.